Click Here for Land Use Permit Submittal Requirements
For questions please call the Zoning Administrator at
(231) 271-2722 ext. 3, mornings
or email at email@example.com
For More Information Click Here.
Please feel free to drop your payment in our drop box located outside our office door or stop by the office. The Treasurer is in the office on Monday and Thursday mornings and available by appointment.
If you would like to review your property information and/or pay your property taxes with a credit card or direct debit of your checking account, please go to the site below to process your payment. A processing fee of either 3% or $1.50 minimum will be added to your bill.
You may register vote at the Michigan Secretary of State, Leelanau County Clerk's Office, or the Suttons Bay Township Clerk's Office.
For additional information please call the Township Clerk at 231 271-2722 ext. 2.
Complete the Reservation Form and return to the township office:
Please note the following:
For questions please contact the Township Clerk (231) 271-2722 ext. 2, (tuesdays & wednesdays 9-2) or firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact the Zoning Administrator at (231) 271-2722 ext. 3, mornings, or email@example.com
1. If the complaint involves an emergency, trespassing, a threatening situation, or disturbance of the peace, you may contact 911 or the Leelanau County Sheriff's Department at 231-256-8800.
2. You may contact the Owner of the Short Term Rental and/or the designated 24 Hour Contact for that rental.
3. You may contact the 24/7 Hotline or website hosted by Host Compliance, Inc., who has been retained by Suttons Bay Township to record complaints.
The 24/7 Hotline is (231) 866-8689
The website is: http://secure.hostcompliance.com/suttons-bay-mi/complaints
4. You may contact the township office during normal office hours to register a complaint or leave a voice message. (231) 271-2722 ext. 3.
5. Any complaints regarding pets should be registered with the Leelanau County Animal Control Officer.
All complaints must include the exact time, date, location, and nature of the issue.
The township can only enforce complaints if there is a violation of the Suttons Bay Township Short Term Rental Ordinance of 2017.
The required Building and Structure Setbacks are contained in the Suttons Bay Township Zoning Ordinance, Section 3.6 (page 35).
Here is the Table in Section 3.6 with footnotes.
Here are some helpful definitions.
The required setbacks are dependent on the zoning district that the property is in.
Refer to Zoning Map
Setbacks are measured to the eave lines of structures.
It is the responsibility of the Property Owner and their Contractor to verify that the required setbacks have been met.