The recycling site in Cedar will be closing at the end of 2022. The county is currently looking for another site to replace the closing of the Cedar site.
Please take your household recycling items to any of the other recycling locations in the county:
1. Elmwood Township: -10750 E. Cherry Bend Rd.
2. Leelanau County Government Center - turn right into 1st drive at top of the hill and stay to your right.
3. Leelanau Schools in Glen Arbor
4. Suttons Bay Road Commission - 10550 E. Eckerle Rd.
5. Peshawbestown - across from the casino
6. Empire - W. Fisher Street, off LaCore Rd.
7. Village of Northport - N. Mill St, north of the Fire Dept.
8. Glen Lake School - 3375 W. Burdickville Rd.- facing the football field.
Each site has large bins for household items: cardboard/paper; tin, glass (clear and colored) and plastic. PLEASE FLATTEN YOUR CARDBOARD before placing in the bins.
It is a violation of the Michigan Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, MCL 324.892, to dump, deposit, place, throw, or leave litter at any site. (That includes leaving recyclables OUTSIDE the bins). Violation of this Act is punishable by hauling and disposal costs, plus fines up to $2,500. Violators will be prosecuted. All sites have security cameras.
If you have questions, call (231) 256-9812 or email email@example.com